Monday, September 21, 2009

The Listening


A few weeks ago, I started doing some recording with Mike McDade, who is very well known and respected by many musicians in and around town. We spent somewhere in the neighborhood of four hours laying down five tracks. I'm really happy with the material we've recorded so far, and all the people who have heard the rough tracks have been impressed as well.


I'm planning on recording some more things with Mike, so stay tuned for that. I'm mapping out what poems and other writings I'd not only like to lay down, but wouldn't mind hearing more than a few times.


I actually wanted to give you good people out there the opportunity to check out one of the working tracks. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are. The version you're going to hear (if you choose to make the download, that is) will most likely differ a bit from the finished product, but this will give you an idea of how the material is sounding at this juncture.


The particular piece that I've posted is called Night Riders. It's about graffiti and the passion behind laying tags. So far, this is both Mike's and my favorite piece that we've got. Let's see what you think.


You've got 2 options as far as the download goes. I know some folks out there are religious Rapidshare users, so I've got that angle covered. Also, I've thrown it up on Megaupload.com.


Blessings




No comments:

Post a Comment